Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Reflections on the course

There are many things I could say about this course. In the end though, it boils down to the fact I highly enjoyed this course. My abilities to analyze poetry have increased thanks to this course. I felt I was very prepared, thanks to Mrs. DeRose Smith. I had the pleasure of having her for three out of the four years in my high school career. Many of the short stories and plays read in this course I had read before in her classes, and I was able to analyze these pieces at a much deeper level. I would also like to thank Dr. Reed. It was a pleasure having him as a professor. His humor and commentary always kept me interested in what was being discussed. This course assured me that I have gone down the correct path by choosing to minor in creative writing. Though I am a science major and absolutely love science, English is a subject I hold dear to my heart. Taking Intro to English Majors and Minors has been a great experience for me personally and on an educational level. Overall it has been a pleasure, and lastly, as the long winded Polonius says in Shakespeare's Hamlet, "this above all, to thine own self be true" (I.3 line 78).

Work Cited
Shakespeare, William. Hamlet. The Norton Introduction to Literature. Ed. Kelly J. Mays. Portable                           11th ed. New York: Norton, 2014. 1081-1190. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment